We are so glad that you have taken the time to visit this website and learn more about Jackson Heights! Considering your involvement in a church comes with lots of questions, we have tried to answer some of them here. If you would like to talk to us in person, or if you have any questions that are not addressed here, please feel free to contact us. We hope to see you soon!
What makes Jackson Heights, Jackson Heights?
Jackson Heights Community Church ... a people of God reaching out, growing up, and giving all.
Jackson Heights Community Church exists to bring glory to God by reaching people for Christ and nurturing them in the faith through inspired worship, genuine community and passionate ministry that transforms lives in our neighborhoods and throughout the world.
Our Core Values
* Love ... We will love the Lord our God, first and foremost, and then love everyone around us with the love of Jesus Christ. (John 13:34–35; Matthew 22:37–40)
* Reach ... We are called to reach as many people as possible in Nashville and throughout the world for Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18–20; Acts 1:8)
* Minister ... Every person through Christ is a minister and essential to this community of believers. (Ephesians 4:11–13; Philippians 1:27)
* Grow ... We believe this church, as a whole, and each individual member of this body is created to grow spiritually through the filling of the Holy Spirit. (1 Peter 2:1–3)
* Joy ... Church is designed to be enjoyable. Joy will permeate everything we do. (1 Thessalonians 5:16–18)
* Change ... The Message stays the same, but our methods must constantly change in order to effectively impact our world for Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 9:22–23)
* Excellence ... Our pursuit is to always bring glory to God by doing everything He has called us and equipped us to do with excellence. (Colossians 1:28–29; Colossians 3:23)
* Prayer ... Prayer undergirds everything we do. (James 5:16)
Connecting and Serving
Small Groups meet sometime between Sunday and Thursday each week. This is the primary way to connect to other people here at Jackson Heights. Jump in! Whether you are single, newly married, or have been around for a while, we have a place for you. And if childcare is an issue for you, don't worry. We'll help with that.
The Jackson Heights Kids' Ministry offers exciting Sabbath morning Bible studies for kids from birth through 8th grade, as well as a Wednesday night program for kids in grades K–5, which enhances kids' understanding of Scripture and missions, as well as a fun time of recreation and music!
College Students and Young Adults ... Jackson Heights is a great place for you, too. With our Ministry Bible Studies, Community service, or joining a music ministry, you will find ways to connect to God and others here at JHSDAC.All Adults ... We encourage all people who call Jackson Heights "home" to discover their spiritual gifts, focus their life passions, and use them both for God's glory through service on Sunday mornings and throughout the week. We have dedicated church staff who help you do this!Pastoral care for individuals, couples and families is also available by calling 615–861–3663.Sabbath MorningsWalking through the doors of a church can be daunting. Perhaps we can answer some of your questions before you come. By the way, come as you are! Jackson Heights is a comfortable environment to encounter God and His people in a relevant, engaging way.
Where do we meet?
Jackson Heights offers worship services every Sabbath morning at 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. at 72-25 Woodside Avenue, Woodside, NY 11377. Our Church is a place for you to connect, belong, and become.
What happens before the service?
As you enter the Church, you will be greeted by one of our Sabbath morning volunteers. They will be able to answer any questions you might have, and they will also direct you to the Sanctuary, where we worship. A Mothers Room is available on the first floor for parents with small babies or children. Inside the Sanctuary there is also a place for parents with small children in the last three pews on the right.
What about children and teenagers?At Jackson Heights, we LOVE kids! That's why we've made it a priority to provide high quality, high energy, and high FUN programming and events for children and students! Committed teachers come prepared to help kids, from birth through middle school, experience God's love through age–appropriate Bible studies, interactive activities, and hands–on learning experiences that help them connect with Jesus.